Monday, August 14, 2006

Melting Plastic Fantastic

What happens when the body ports itself to other parts of the world faster than ever before and the mind begins to wander?

What are the similarities between jet-lag, as kind of preemptive state of mind, and the mental space one enters when creating new art work in the passion of the moment, a moment so ahead of itself (avant) that it leaves the body behind?

Or is it the body that leads the creative potential into its fits of unconscious churning?

Right now, even as I compose these words directly into screenal space, I know that my body is OFF THE CLOCK.

And that's a good thing.

"Time is the substance from which I am made. Time is a river which carries me along, but I am the river; it is a tiger that devours me, but I am the tiger; it is a fire that consumes me, but I am the fire." - Jorge Luis Borges

Metadata: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home