Thursday, March 02, 2006

Pulse and Glide

As a follow-up to my last post, especially in relation to the quotes from Dylan and Duras, everything I do now, the way I operate, somehow connects to my current method of making new art works, a methodology that I readily associate with the hottest hacker car out there, the Toyota Prius. I call this method of art-making "Pulse and Glide". Rather than engaging in full-on pedal to the metal, where you just burn it from both ends in hopes that you reach the finish line before totally running out of gas, you instead apply the least amount of energy needed to get the car moving while slowly pulsing the accelerator up to the point where you know you can just let it glide on its own. Once you're gliding, everything feels like its flowing in smooth space and, as a bonus, you start getting great mileage from the work you create.

That's Art-Car Talk, and I'm your host, Professor VJ.


Metadata: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home